Sometimes we don’t quite know what we need or what will make us happy. Our wellbeing coaches can work with you to define your needs and goals.
Who can benefit from a Wellbeing Coach?
You may benefit from a Wellbeing Coach if you need support in making positive changes to promote better health and wellbeing.
A Wellbeing Coach will work with you on developing an Emotional Well Being Pathway tailored to your needs. This includes:
- One to one session with a Wellbeing Coach. This can be face to face, over the telephone, on-line, or a mixture of all depending on individual situation
- Coaching about your essential needs and how you are doing in getting them met in an appropriate way
- Skills in meeting your needs to manage your emotional well being
- An action plan that you chose to support your pathway to emotional well-being by building on your own life resources
- Signposting and information about other services that might help support you
- Signposting and information to other services that might support other family members and the person you are caring for.
Sessions involve supporting you to identify what is not working in your life and to enable you to see that change can happen
What does a Wellbeing Coach do?
Our coaches start by taking stock of your entire situation and the many factors that can affect your emotional wellbeing on a day-to-day basis. There’s no set time that this has to take – we do everything at your pace.
Our coaches will help you make sense of your circumstances using a human givens approach. This involves looking at your emotional needs in all areas of life – including control, security, status, connection to your community, and a sense of achievement.
We will support you in identifying your strengths and motivations for change. Whatever decisions you make about your needs and wellbeing, you will be more invested in your goals for change if you feel empowered to develop them based on your reasoning and in your own time.
After six weeks we’ll have a follow-up meeting to look whether your emotional wellbeing scores have changed and reflect on the overall journey. If you haven’t managed to make changes or get support, there are a number of things we can do at this stage. We can work with you to set new goals, create a personalised support plan, or help you by arranging support.
How much does the service cost?
Our Wellbeing Coach service costs £75 and covers:
- 1 hour emotional wellbeing assessment
- 2 hours of action planning
- A follow-up session after six weeks
If, at the end of the session, you decide you would like further support such as personalised support planning or someone to arrange support on your behalf, these have a separate cost. For more information on these services, click here.
How do I access the service?
Our Wellbeing Coach service is available to everyone in the UK. If you are living in Oxfordshire or Gloucestershire you can choose to meet with your wellbeing coach face-to-face.
To access the service, simply contact us by phone on 0300 222 5709, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or start a web chat.